Friday, October 16, 2009

Mischief on Fall Break


I had a wonderful time doing a lot of nothing. I played for 4 days and didn't open a single anatomy book. Delicious.

I created my Halloween costume - I decided to manifest my inner invertebrate and made a Jellyfish costume with a hot glue gun, lots of garlands and some googlie eyes under the artistic direction of my friend Bob Maestres (aka NeoBoy).

I also spent two days in Santa Fe with my yoga teacher John Friend (www.anusara.com). It was great fun to be in the presence of a masterful teacher of yoga and tantric philosophy. John
effortlessly weaves philosophical teaches as he gets an entire room of about 150 yogis to go up into handstands. I appreciate his interpretations of a philosophy that would otherwise be innaccessable to me.On Monday I could barely get out of bed because my hamstrings were taut wire cables - luckily I know a little bit of yoga (hair of the dog!).

My good friend, Janet Frisella, was also in Santa Fe at the John Friend workshop and we got to spend some quality time together. We have known each other over 35 years! She and I did a girl scout backpacking trip to Philmont Scout Ranch in Northern New Mexico. Janet was the one who introduced me to yoga when I was about 16. She and I, by coincidence, are studying Anusara Yoga with the same teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment


the longest journey begins with that first step