Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I am beyond it - study, study and study some more


My life for the last 2 weeks has been about preparing for my first round of testing - midterm exams. Life is studying, sleeping, studying, brush teeth, studying, eating, study, study and study until bed time. It is a solitary existence being a graduate student. Not that I am complaining, I wanted this life, but all this studying and early to bed, early to rise is just shit on my social life.

I took my last exam for the midterm today. Relieved is a good descriptor. So, I am going out tonight with Stephen, my son. Gonna have a beer together at the local Chama micro-brewery. A little weird to me still that I am old enough to have a 21 year old kid. But, I do like having a kid old enough to share a beer with me as well as commiserate on too much studying. Emily, the baby, is still too young to kick up her heels in a public bar.

Social life alert! - I am spending the weekend in Santa Fe and doing a weekend yoga workshop given by my teacher, John Friend. There is even an open-to-all dance party at the local Anusara Studio. This is exactly the sort of high jinx I need to be doing before I get slammed again next week with the CORE courses of DPT - anatomy and orthopedics.

Maybe I can (& will?) post a blog about something besides school...... might be interesting.


1 comment:

  1. This is great mom! I think you've got a hang on the writing.

    ReplyDelete


the longest journey begins with that first step