Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grateful Habit

I completed the first month of school. It has been said that if you do something new for 30 days it can become a habit because it start to feel comfortable. Yes, school feels pretty comfortable to me now.

Being the class prez is still a little bit odd. But, I do know how to communicate, organize and motivate folks to circle the wagons. My main job (as it have been explained to me) will be to get the class to raise money to help the upper class with graduation fees, have fun, team build and outreach to the community. Luckily everyone in the class is "on board" to help me! Our first events are a Happy Hour and helping our fellow PT-student couple move into their new house.

My course work is considered review. I will be diving into the deep challenging work of learning anatomy and orthopedics in just a few weeks. But, my problem is that I haven't had a lot of these review courses such as: Pharmacology, Biomechanics, Kinesiology and Biochemistry. I am scrambling to get the gist of it all. Pharmacology is really interesting and I am having lots of ah-ha moments. I am wishing I had paid more attention 25 years ago in my physics courses for Biomechanics and Kinesiology (oh well). Biochemistry is rather mysterious with all those drawings of circular molecular structures that have rather limited elemental compounds - C, N, O, H and sometimes P.

I am feeling a little bit muddled with it all and hoping that somehow the patterns and connections will emerge before midterms in October, but it is still really wonderful to be in the classroom and at the university. I am so grateful for this experience and opportunity to just be in this life learning new habits.




1 comment:

  1. Great Job Mom! I'm proud that you're able to understand what sounds better to the reader. I was very much entertained with your writing and not in the 'haha, you have no idea what you're doing' kind of way, more of the 'wow. great writing. i'm so paying attention to what happens to the character.'

    But, I did notice that you were clarifying things that the reader already understood as implied, such as when you're talking about your coursework and say, "...scrambling to get the gist of these subjects" you don't actually have to say, "these subjects" you could just say, 'everything' implying your school stuff. However, it honestly isn't something that is all that necessary because people do things like that all the time.

    ReplyDelete


the longest journey begins with that first step