Monday, May 17, 2010

going about the whole thing all wrong


"We aren't here to make things perfect...We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die." - Cher, from the movie Moonstruck


I really like this sentiment. It perfectly embodies how I feel about my own life path: stumbling along, falling in love with the wrong people and breaking my heart at the things I attempt and fail doing. I must say that I am not sure about the ruining myself - not there yet. But, really for someone who has been caught up in the "perfection infection" it is good to read this sentiment over and over.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Susan, I found your blog by accident looking through Marty's "followers." We met when you visited him a while ago. Anyway, I really appreciate this, because it's so relevant here as I'm moving out of my apt. to a much smaller place and have to get rid of a lot of stuff but first have to look at it....so many things I thought I would do but didn't quite, really. Hoping to get out of the "failure" mood; it's all just life. No good, no bad. But I'm having a hard time staying in that center place, or even remembering that it is.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete


the longest journey begins with that first step