Saturday, January 16, 2010

Duck - Three Ways


My excitement for cooking, eating and having dinner parties is shared by my good friend Normand. Over the winter holidays Normand-the-gourmand and I cooked up a memorable meal: Duck, 3 ways.

We started out deciding to making a "simple" French country dinner - something that included onion soup and potatoes but, it morphed under Normand's enthusiasm into a 5 course meal with incredible wine that accompanied the menu.....


Champagne
(the French know how to start a celebration!)

Fois Gras & truffle
~ Sauterne
(duck first way)

Salad with duck sausage and Armonac preserved cherries
~ Pinot Noir
(duck second way)

French onion soup
~ Syrah
(a break from duck)

Sliced duck served on duck fat fried potatoes
~ Burgundy
(duck the third way)




creme caramel ~ Sauterne



We shared the meal between four friends - perfect.


After course five, I passed out. Lucky for me, Normand-the-gormand has a comfortable carpeted floor and lots of water...... ahhhh, over indulgence during the holidays is such a tradition. I am sure this is where those extra 10 pounds of December fat around my belly came from.



1 comment:

  1. Jesus, Mooom. That looks sooooo good. I'm so sad i missed it along with the truffle omelet below. maybe i should have breakfast...

    ReplyDelete


the longest journey begins with that first step