Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hitting the wall with seven weeks left to go

I hit the wall. All this studying and testing and classes has finally got me completely exhausted. I thought I could pace myself and be able to do this school thing again without all the stress. Nope. I think driving myself hard is just my nature. I am not the only one, I am amongst 25 other high achievers who are also exhausted. Last week on a Thursday afternoon during the middle of one of the 4 hour lectures the professor could see everyone was completely exhausted, some of the students were crying and the rest of us were glazed over - unable to concentrate. He stopped class and told us all to get up and go get a drink of water and try to shake it off.

I went to a Halloween party Saturday night and it was a beautiful party - probably the best Halloween party in all of Albuquerque. I fell asleep under my costume (the jellyfish) at 9:00pm and my ride woke me up at 10:00pm to leave.

Seven more weeks of this left until winter break. After that, just 2.5 years until licensing boards.


2 comments:

  1. ah. mom, I love you. hang in there. remember, you asked yourself 'why' in singapore too. things will turn out well.

    but when you're talking about being 'amongst 25 other high achievers and drivers' you don't actually need the 'drivers' part in there, since it adds extraneous info.

    mucho dinero love.

    em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My dear Susan! Keep strong!

    I'm sure it's very difficult but I'm also sure you'll pass the wall rapidly with your incredible motivation and energy!

    I'm with you, and above all, take care!

    ReplyDelete


the longest journey begins with that first step